Welcome! Thank you for your interest with the Stockton Police Department.
Please visit all of our pages to learn more about planning your career as a Stockton Police Officer.
Don’t forget to take a look at our “Upcoming Events” page to find the next location where our Recruiters will be. Come out, say hello, and get all of your questions answered on how to begin your career in Law Enforcement with Stockton PD!
CURRENT HIRING STATUS
Click on the desired Police position below to complete an online application:
- Police Officer – Lateral *Now offering a $6000 bonus, as part of our Lateral Incentive Program!
- Police Officer – Graduate
- Police Officer – Recruit You must currently be attending a POST academy
- Police Officer – Trainee * APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED: OCT 19 – NOV 4, 2016. The Police Trainee test is scheduled for Saturday, December 3, 2016. More information about the test location and test times will be sent out in a future notification after November 4th.
Police Orientation Workshops
We are offering Orientation Workshops, to help you prepare for the upcoming test. The workshops give you the opportunity to practice some of the test components; The 5 1/2′ solid wood wall climb and the 150lb., “dummy drag.” You will be able to speak to a recruiter one-on-one, and get information about the police academy.
If you would like to attend one of the sessions, email your NAME / DATE OF BIRTH, and indicate the date & time in which you like to attend. Send your email to: StocktonPoliceInterest@stocktonca.gov
These are the dates for the workshops:
- SATURDAY – OCTOBER 22 – Session 1: 9am or Session 2: 11am
- SATURDAY – OCTOBER 29 – Session 1: 9am or Session 2: 11am
- TUESDAY – NOVEMBER 1 – 5pm
- MONDAY – NOVEMBER 7 – 5pm
The Workshops are held at 3040 Navy Drive.
Each session is about 1 1/2 hours long (you may leave at anytime). You must be at least 18 years old, and you must have a valid California Driver’s License or Identification card, or any other State ID. Please feel free to wear athletic attire suitable for practicing the agility test components. The sessions are held outdoors, and they will not be cancelled due to rain. *Minors are not permitted on the range.
EMAIL A RECRUITER:
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR ME TO BE HIRED? Each background investigation is different. It is dependent on how quickly your Background Investigator can gather all of the necessary information, along with scheduling you for various appointments. An applicant could be processed in as few as 3 months!
CAN I APPLY IF I HAVE BEEN ARRESTED? Yes, you can apply and you will have the opportunity to discuss your arrest history with your Background Investigator.
IS THERE A FEE TO APPLY? No. There is no cost for the application process and there is no cost for any of the required testing.
WHICH ACADEMY WOULD I GO TO? We use a variety of academies throughout Northern California. It is dependent on when you are hired, and when the next available academy is starting.
*The City of Stockton is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. A copy of the Stockton Police Department's Equal Employment Opportunity Plan is available upon request.